- This event has passed.
Equitable Access to High-Performance Design: Intersections with Education and Housing
This discussion brings together owners and designers representing k-12 education, affordable housing, and sustainable design to discuss social equity and green buildings. This conversational panel will cover systemic inequality in the k-12 and affordable housing sectors, as well as their opportunities and barriers to sustainable design.
As AEC professionals, we all know the benefits healthy, high-performing buildings can have on occupants and students. What we may not realize or consider is the privilege associated with renewable energy installments, passive designs, high indoor environmental quality, and other high-performance features which aren’t necessarily available to building projects on tighter budgets.
At the end of this panel, we hope you will leave with ideas and inspiration to make sustainable buildings a possibility for all people and sectors. Moderated by PAE Associate Principal and mechanical engineer, Ruwan Jayaweera, at this panel, you will hear from:
- Angela Freeman – Executive Director of Reynolds School District
- Karina Ruiz – Principal at BRIC Architecture, Expert in K-12 Design
- Alma Flores – Director of Housing Development
- Gauri Rajbaidya – Senior Associate at SERA Architects, Expert in Residential Design
- Marc Brune – Principal at PAE, Mechanical Engineer
+1 208-515-2546 United States, Boise (Toll)
Conference ID: 359 495 405#