- This event has passed.
Designing a Carbon-Free Future: for Portland and Beyond
October 18, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In 2015 the Paris Agreement forged a world-wide consensus on an ambitious but achievable target: limit global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius. Since then, IPCC scientists, local governments and businesses of all scales have grappled with the paths to a carbon-free future, but one thing is clear: the building industry must radically accelerate ACTION starting now. Join the Portland Collaborative, ILFI + Gensler to explore what you can do, today, to ensure your next project can achieve zero carbon benchmarks.
• What is Zero Carbon and why does it matter?
• Measuring Carbon: Embodied Carbon vs Operational Carbon
• Gensler’s Carbon Reduction Work – case study
• Discuss: Where do we go from here? So you want to build Zero Carbon…
1. Understand the definition of embodied carbon as applied to ILFI’s Zero Carbon
2. Learn about the most current tools and methods to calculate the embodied carbon of materials and buildings.
3. Explore Gensler’s commitment as a case-study for the implementation of Zero Carbon
4. Discover how supply chains can be leveraged to reduce embodied carbon, on a large, multi-asset scale.
This event is approved for the following continuing education credits: COMING SOON!
# LFA (Living Future Accreditation) CE credits
[Submitted for AIA CES credit OR # AIA LU|HSW]
Please register in advance here